el blog de un dinosaurio rosarino que escribe novelas disfuncionales, salvajes e imposibles de conseguir

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Sad Xmas song

I never thought you'd grow up to despise me,
not as long as I held and I cared.
Now you live on your own with your TV and bicycle
and on top of the world you roll, feeling great.
But you don't know you're strong,
you don't know you're young
because you don't know what it's like to be old, yet.

Well, my days they are longer now,
but I don't have too many summers left
and as far as I know there is not such a thing
as a future, not even for you.
But I can't give you the bad news
for you're so far away,
so deeply lost in your dreams as I used to.

But when at last one day you come to realize
the real size of the world, I'm afraid
I won't be there to share, son,
I won't be there.


Lo de arriba debe ser uno de los poemas más tristes que se hayan escrito en inglés para esta época (después, mucho después de por supuesto el inigualable Aubade de Philip Larkin), ¡y acaba de ocurrírseme!
¿Alguien se anima a ponerle música?